Do you have one or more dogs ( maybe other pets at home ) and feel that they would prefer the comfort of staying at their own home?
We have team members who will stay at your house for the duration of the time you are away. In addition to caring for your dog (giving them meals, cuddles and attention plus their walks ) they can also carry out other pet care services such as feeding the goldfish, hamster or cat etc. Please note however, we are not held responsible to what could happen to cats then they are outside your propriety.
If your pet doesn’t get on with other animals, is elderly or has never been vaccinated, or you have a multi-pet household, a live-in pet sitter is the ideal option, especially if you want the added security of someone staying in your house whilst you’re away.
Before your planned trip, a live-in pet sitter from Woodland Walkies will meet you at your home to go though your pet’s routine and discuss any domestic duties that are needed.
Our live-in pet sitters are happy to perform light domestic duties while living in your home such as mail collection, feeding the fish and watering the plants. And whilst your sitter will ensure your home is kept clean and tidy, please note our live-in pet sitters are not professional cleaners.
Initial meeting consultation…
- Meeting at your home with our team member to discuss your requirements and plan the stay.
- Meeting and getting to know your dog – this encourages your dog to feel safe when we care for them.
- Going through security – locking up your home and keys.
- Bedroom arrangements.
- Important numbers just in case of an emergency – these include your local plumbers etc…
- Feeding and general routine for your dog.
- Questions and concerns can be asked and answered during the meeting. You may have more questions after the visit – not a problem just contact us to have a chat.
Live in pet sitter guidelines…
- Your home
Your house must be clean, comfortable and of a reasonable standard. If, at your first meeting, your pet sitter doesn’t feel that your house is of a suitable standard, we have the right to turn down the booking.
- Food and medication
Please ensure you leave enough food for your pets and medication if they are taking anything to last the length of your pet sitter’s stay.
At Woodland Walkies we charge a 24 hour rate rather than a nightly, with our dog sitting service your live-in pet sitter needs to be able to leave your house for a maximum of three hours a day to continue with other pet walking jobs or private chores. If your dog cannot be left for this long please let us know when you first call us, as an additional charge can be added for a full-time pet sitting service if needed.